Award-Winning Criminal Defense Team in AZ
We Will Fight to Protect Your Future
Arrested or under investigation? Turn to Arizona’s award-winning defense team, Nesci & St. Louis. Our firm represents clients accused of crimes and those under investigation throughout Arizona. Our team of Tucson criminal defense lawyers are committed to obtaining the best results possible for you.
We will file motions challenging the government’s case on every factual and legal issue, and we regularly obtain the dismissal of charges for our clients prior to trial. If your case cannot be dismissed prior to trial, we are not afraid of going to trial and have successfully handled cases involving charges that include:
- DUI - DUI stands for “Driving Under the Influence,” referring to the act of operating a motor vehicle while impaired by alcohol or drugs. In Arizona, it is a criminal offense and is considered a serious traffic violation.
- DUI Drugs - DUI drugs, also known as "Drug-Related DUI" or "DUID," refers to the act of operating a motor vehicle while impaired by drugs.
- DUI Homicide & DUI Manslaughter - "DUI causing death," also known as "vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated," refers to a criminal offense where a person causes the death of another individual as a result of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Domestic Violence - Domestic violence refers to a pattern of abusive behaviors, whether physical, emotional, psychological, or sexual, that occur within a domestic or intimate relationship.
- Aggravated Assault and Misdemeanor Assault - Assault is a term used to describe a criminal offense involving the intentional act of causing apprehension or fear of immediate harmful or offensive contact in another person, or the intentional act of physically striking, hitting, or attacking someone.
- Sex Offenses - ex crimes, also known as sexual offenses or sexual crimes, refer to a broad category of criminal acts that involve non-consensual sexual activity, sexual exploitation, or the violation of someone's sexual autonomy and bodily integrity.
- Computer Crimes - Cybercrimes, also known as computer crimes or cyber offenses, are criminal activities that are committed using computers, networks, or the internet.
- Drug Offenses - Drug crimes, also referred to as drug offenses or narcotics offenses, are criminal activities related to the production, distribution, possession, or use of illegal drugs.
- All Felony DUI matters - including DUI Aggravated Assault, Endangerment and Criminal Damage
Focused Criminal Defense Lawyers in Tucson
Protecting the Rights of those Accused by the Government
While other firms dilute their resources by attempting to handle multiple areas of law, Nesci & St. Louis is exclusively focused on defending the criminally accused. By concentrating solely on criminal cases, we are able to devote the time and resources necessary to obtain a deep understanding of the legal and factual issues facing those accused of a crime.
In fact, our Tucson criminal defense attorneys are sought-after speakers nationally, regularly training defense lawyers across the Country on how to handle a criminal case. This allows us to provide the very best representation possible. In criminal cases, time is of the essence. Act now to ensure that no evidence necessary to your defense is lost.
Here are several benefits of hiring our Tucson criminal defense attorneys to defend you:
- Our team has more than four decades of combined legal experience and comprehensive knowledge of state and federal criminal law
- We can guide you through the complexities of the criminal justice system while protecting your rights and best interests from start to finish
- Our Tucson criminal defense lawyers can gather evidence and work with expert witnesses to develop a strong and personalized defense strategy for your case
- We can negotiate a favorable plea agreement to help you avoid harsh penalties, including jail or prison time
- Our Tucson criminal defense attorneys will fight for you in the courtroom
Contact Nesci & St. Louis online or call (520) 999-2441 to request a FREE case evaluation with a Tucson criminal defense lawyer today. We are here to defend your rights in state and federal criminal matters
A two-time national top 10 speaker of the year (National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2015 & 2019), Joe St. Louis has given over 150 presentations for State Defense Organizations and State Bar Groups in 19 states. (See the full list here). Need to make this a link to my Seminars & Lectures page, please. He has served on the faculty of the National College for DUI Defense’s Serious Science seminars, held in Arlington, Texas, since 2016, a seminar recommended as an “excellent training course” by the University of Indiana, Bloomington. Mr St. Louis serves as a Regent of the National College for DUI Defense, a national organization with over 1,600 members, and is the Past President of Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice.
Joseph P. St. Louis has been listed in Woodford & White’s Best Lawyers in America since 2013 and has an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale Hubbell. He has been listed as one of the best lawyers in Arizona by Superlawyers magazine since 2009 and has been listed as one of the best lawyers in Tucson by Tucson Lifestyles magazine since 2013. Joe, who has represented clients at over 200 jury trials, is certified as a specialist in both Criminal Defense (by the State Bar of Arizona) and in DUI Defense (by the National College for DUI Defense (NCDD), a certification recognized by the American Bar Association). Joe is one of 11 members of the Board of Regents, the governing body of the National College for DUI Defense, a nation-wide organization with over 1,600 members. He is also the former President of Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice, a statewide defense organization with over 400 members.
Ryan Huffman Ryan set an office record for the most trial wins in the shortest period of time by winning three DUI trials in a row in an eight-week period – not guilty verdicts across the board in all three trials, which included a reported blood alcohol concentration as high as .213. Ryan vigorously represents accused individuals throughout all stages of litigation, including trials and appeals. His experience includes both misdemeanor and felony criminal matters. He focuses on a pretrial motion practice, seeking to have his clients’ cases dismissed prior to trial, and is passionate about advocating against unethical police tactics and procedures. Not afraid to take a case to trial, after demonstrating issues with the way in which the case was charged, Ryan negotiated a plea to probation in the middle of a trial in which his client was facing life in prison
Joseph A. Bonasera is a litigator specializing in Criminal and DUI offenses who has spent his entire legal career representing the criminally accused. Joe’s victories for his clients range from winning a jury acquittal on a sexual assault charge to negotiating the dismissal of charges ranging from DUI to Aggravated Assault. In one case, he convinced a grand jury to bring no charges against his client, after successfully arguing that the first presentation of the case was racially biased. Joe is fluent in Spanish. Since joining Nesci & St. Louis, Joe has focused on pretrial litigation and trial work in DUIs, misdemeanors, and felonies in courts throughout Arizona.