White Collar Crime Attorney in Tucson
Tucson Federal Defense Attorneys Protecting Your Rights
White collar crimes are nonviolent crimes committed for financial gain. The reference to “white collar” describes the typical defendant — usually a professional, often working in the financial field or in real estate, with access to the private financial information of another individual or company.
Establishing a successful defense to a charge involving a white collar crime generally requires extensive knowledge of financial practices, accounting, securities law and technology. With over 40 years of combined experience, our lawyers at Nesci & St. Louis defend you in the most challenging white collar charges.
If you suspect that you are being investigated for a white collar crime, please contact us immediately. We may be able to keep the prosecution from filing embarrassing charges against you by intervening in the early stages of an investigation. We may also be able to prevent the prosecution from gaining access to evidence that you have a legal right to withhold.
Federal & Arizona State Laws
Title 13 of the Arizona Revised Statutes (A.R.S.) contains the state’s criminal codes governing theft, forgery, credit card fraud, business and commercial fraud, embezzlement, bribery and other white collar crimes. State investigations may involve the Arizona Attorney General’s office, the state’s law enforcement agencies and the local city or county law enforcement agencies. Federal crimes are investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and other federal law enforcement agencies, and are governed by a long list of statutes, including:
- The Sherman Act
- The Counterfeit Access Device and Computer Fraud and Abuse Law
- The Computer Abuse Amendments Act of 1984
- The Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986
- The False Claims Act
- The Mail Fraud Statute
- The Wire Fraud Statute
- The Money Laundering Control Act
- The Securities Exchange Act
White Collar Computer Crimes
Technology is progressing quickly, allowing users more access to information from greater numbers of people located in a larger geographic range. Computers have also made it easier to conduct financial and commercial transactions between individuals and companies who will never meet. To keep pace with the technological advances, the laws regarding Internet, smartphone and computer use are evolving rapidly.
Nesci & St. Louis keeps up to date on new technology and the ever-changing statutes enacted to regulate the online world. Our criminal defense attorneys have the sophisticated knowledge and aggressive perseverance to successfully defend you against allegations of computer crimes such as:
- Identify Theft — involving fraudulent acquisition of another person's private information with the intention of using it for financial gain
- Insurance Fraud — such as filing false claims to recover compensation from health, homeowners, or automobile insurance companies
- Healthcare Fraud — including making fraudulent claims for reimbursement to Medicaid and Medicare
- Mortgage Fraud — for example, predatory lending practices and online schemes
- Email Scams — such as posing as a financial institution or a personal friend to coax the email’s recipient to give up personal information
Consult with our white collar crime defense attorney in Tucson, AZ. Call Nesci & St. Louis today at (520) 999-2441 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation.
TestimonialsHear It from Our Clients
Our Firm is DifferentWe Will Protect Your Freedom & Future
National Leaders in the Field of Criminal Defense
An Attorney Certified in Both Criminal Law and DUI Defense in Arizona
Aggressive Representation Delivered Every Time
Exclusively Focusing on DUI, and Criminal Defense Law
Backed by Over Forty Years of Combined Experience