Hard-hitting DUI lawyer in Tucson, AZ
Ryan Bleau is a 2002 graduate of Quinnipiac University School of Law in Hamden, Connecticut. He received his Bachelor of Arts in History and Political Science in May 1999 from Assumption College.
While a law student at Quinnipiac University, Ryan worked as a research assistant for Professor Harry Mazadoorian. Ryan compiled material on state and national policies regarding alternative dispute resolution for publication in a book entitled Mediation Practice Book Critical Tools, Techniques and Forms by Professor Harry Mazadoorian, LawFirst Publishing (September 2002). Additionally, Ryan was instrumental in introducing the American Bar Association Representation in Mediation Advocacy Competition to Quinnipiac University School of Law.
Ryan also completed a Legislative Externship for the State of Connecticut Governor’s Legal Counsel Office in Hartford, Connecticut. He was responsible for researching and drafting legal memoranda regarding case law and its impact on political issues. He assisted with drafts of anti-terrorism legislation and reported to the Chief Legal Counsel regarding the Enron and other politically and legally significant hearings.
Upon graduating from Quinnipiac University School of Law, Ryan received the Judge F. Owen Egan Book Award in recognition of his work in the area of Alternative Dispute Resolution. Additionally, Ryan was a recipient of both the Superior Classroom Performance Award and the Service to the Law School Award.
Following his graduation from law school, Ryan clerked for Family Court and Family Support Magistrate Court in Putnam, Connecticut. As a temporary assistant clerk, he prepared temporary restraining orders to be presented to judges, evaluated child support court orders and generated income-withholding orders. He also drafted court orders stemming from custody, dissolution, alimony and various other pendente lite hearings and trials.
Ryan brings considerable contract-writing experience to the firm. After leaving Connecticut, he worked at The University of Arizona, where he drafted and negotiated Arizona Health Sciences Center (AHSC) agreements. Ryan routinely negotiated these agreements with large pharmaceutical companies and other educational institutions.
Ryan Bleau has eleven years of criminal defense experience. For six of those years, Ryan worked as an Assistant City Public Defender at the City of Tucson Public Defender’s Office, where he defended people accused of crimes in all stages of litigation. He has argued numerous evidentiary and legal hearings involving a variety of legal issues. While at the Public Defender’s Office, Ryan also served as the office point person for Intoxilyzer 8000® litigation. The litigation impacted thousands of Arizona DUI cases. As a result of his work in the Intoxilyzer 8000 litigation, Ryan was awarded the Rising Star Award by the Arizona Public Defender Association. Ryan has also been named a “Southwest Rising Star” by SuperLawyers® 2013-2016.
In addition to his trial practice, Ryan Bleau has lectured at various Continuing Legal Education seminars. He has presented at the 12th Annual Arizona Public Defender Association Statewide Conference (2014), City of Tucson Public Defender’s Office In-House CLE (2014), 11th Annual Arizona Public Defender Association Statewide Conference (2013), Arizona Public Defender’s Association (2012), the 6th Annual Criminal Law Ethics Seminar (2012) and the City of Tucson Public Defender’s Office (2009, 2011–2012).
Consult our attorney with extensive DUI trial experience
For representation by a dedicated DUI defense counsel, call Nesci & St. Louis, PLLC today at 520.777.0235 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation.
- United States Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2012
- United States District Court, District of Arizona, 2007
- Arizona, 2005
- Massachusetts, 2003, inactive
- Morris K. Udall American Inn of Court, 2016
- National College of DUI Defense, 2012
- Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice, 2009
- Arizona State Bar Association, 2005
- J.D., Quinnipiac University School of Law, 2002
- B.A., Assumption College, 1999
- Majors: History and Political Science
- Southwest Rising Star, SuperLawyers®, 2013-2016
- Rising Star Award, Arizona Public Defender Association, 2010
- Associate at Nesci & St. Louis, PLLC, 2012–present
- Assistant city public defender at City of Tucson Public Defender's Office, 2005–2011, 2012
- Owner at The Law Office of Ryan Bleau, PLLC, 2011–2012
Seminars, lectures & CLE taught
- “Implied Consent and the McNeely and Butler Decisions,” 12th Annual Arizona Public Defender Association Statewide Conference, 2014
- “McNeely & Butler: Warrantless Blood Draws in Arizona,” City of Tucson Public Defender’s Office In-House CLE, 2014
- “DUI Breath Tests, Partition Ratios and Presumptions,” 11th Annual Arizona Public Defender Association Statewide Conference, 2013
- "Ethics in Jeopardy," City of Tucson Public Defender's Office In-House CLE, 2012
- "Ethics in Jeopardy," APDA 10th Annual Conference, 2012
- "Ethics in Jeopardy," 6th Annual Criminal Law Ethics Seminar, 2012
- "Navigating the Choppy Waters of Appeals & Special Actions," City of Tucson Public Defender's Office In-House CLE, 2011
- "Intoxilyzer 8000: Roadmap to Tucson City Court Litigation," City of Tucson Public Defender's Office In-House CLE, 2009